World Mental Health Day is celebrated on October 10th. This year we want to highlight the positive effects of true listening, genuine presence and being heard on our mental health. We encourage everybody to attentive listening in everyday encounters.
Everyone deserves to be heard. Every day. Everywhere. How one is ”seen” by others affects directly one’s mental health. Simply by listening we can positively affect one’s wellbeing and help to build a more inclusive society.
Who could You listen to?
Join us and spread the message: GREENLIGHT LISTENING!
Here's how you can participate in the World Mental Health Day campaign:
- When meeting others, be present and listen genuinely. How many lives can you enrich with an appreciative encounter?
- Arrange green lighting on 10.10. at 6pm. Shine green light on your window, building or a monument. Get dressed in green: choose green clothes or accessories. Share the photo on Instagram and FB with the hashtags #vihreäävaloa #greenlightlistening #kymppikymppi #maailmanmielenterveyspäivä.
- Images posted with the symbol #vihreäävaloa during 5.-11.10. will participate in a raffle to win a gift card to audio and e-book service Bookbeat.
- Develop your listening skills. Explore campaign materials on this page.
- Support MIELI ry's mental health work! Donate 10 euros on 10.10. Text MIELI to number 16499 (message price 10 €).
Articles on listening
Materials for parents of young children and professionals in early education
Learn more about mental health and tips on healthy lifestyle.
Greenligt Listening! campaign is Mental Health Finland's initiative for World Mental Health Day 10.10.2020.
Campaign main page: Vihreää valoa kuuntelemiselle!